Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sabu, Contemporary Japanese & Saké Bar


A couple of weeks ago my lovely husband spoilt me on my birthday and took me out for dinner to Sabu in Parramatta. Sabu is a modern Japanese restaurant that only opened a few months ago and has lots of gluten free options. 

Walking into the restaurant you are greeted by the friendly staff and the very posh décor, which definitely stands out from all the other restaurants in Parramatta. 

The menu is gluten free friendly and is clearly marked up with GF symbols throughout. It’s designed for sharing, which is a great way to taste a bit of everything (although I wanted it all to myself!). It was a tough choice because there were so many gluten free options and I just didn’t know what to choose! 

 
Before our meal, we were presented with some novelty hand towels. They looked like two mints, but when the waitress poured water onto them, they became hand towels! 


We started our dinner with the Edamame with Sabu Seasoning, which had a lovely kick of chili to them, and the Salmon Sashimi, which was so melt in your mouth delicate and fresh it was to die for! There was even a cute little carved beetroot butterfly as decoration. 


Next I had the Tempura Rice Maguro Hana, which was crispy fried rice at the bottom, topped with raw tuna and a spicy mayonnaise. And yes, it was all gluten free! Wow, is all I can say. I just wanted more and more! 


The hubby doesn’t really like sashimi, so he went for the braised pork belly instead, which was slowly cooked pork belly placed on top of carrot purée, with a cumin crumble and ginger glaze. I couldn’t try any, but took his word for it on how delicious it was! 

We were both full by the end, so there was no room for dessert. However, there was a gluten free option of sorbet, which I must try next time I go. They also have an extensive cocktail menu, which I must remember for my next girls night out ;)

Sabu is a restaurant I would definitely recommend trying for a special night out. The service was fantastic, the food fresh and delicious and most importantly there were loads of gluten free options. I can’t wait to go back! 

Sabu, Contemporary Japanese & Saké Bar 
321 Church St Parramatta 
02 9635 1088 
www.sabu.com.au

Sabu Restaurant and Bar on Urbanspoon

post signature

Did you enjoy reading this blog? For more great tips and tricks follow us on FACEBOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment