Sunday, November 09, 2014

Escape Haven Chocolate Bliss Balls


I bite into a Chocolate Bliss Ball that I have just made and am instantly transported back to Bali. I am now at Escape Haven sipping on freshly brewed ginger tea and nibbling on Bliss Balls relaxing on the comfy lounges at Villa Jupun. I am happy and completely Zen. It’s funny how your senses can transport you back to a place in time – the taste of these Bliss Balls, the smell of ginger tea, the tunes of a song – they all take me back to my recent trip to Bali (read previous post here).

Today I want to share with you the recipe to Escape Havens specialty, Chocolate Bliss Balls. They are delicious and easy to make, and best of all they are gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. They are a healthy treat and a great nourishing pick-me-up. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. Stay Zen.


{Gluten Free Recipe} Escape Haven Chocolate Bliss Balls
2 cups walnuts
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup coconut, shredded
8 fresh dates, pitted
2/3 cup cacao powder
1⁄4 cup of water
Pinch of salt

1. Combine the walnuts, sunflower seeds, coconut and dates in a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are combined.


2. Add the cacao powder, salt and water to the mixing bowl and process until the mixture forms a dough (the mixture may look too crumbly but trust me, it will work!)

3. Take tablespoons of the mixture and squeeze and roll it between your palms into medium sized balls.

4. Place the finished Bliss Balls on a tray lined with waxed paper and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.

Makes approximately 27 Bliss Balls, depending on size.




All images © TWO SILLY SISTERS 2014

Did you enjoy reading this blog? For more great tips and tricks follow us on FACEBOOK!

Follow us on INSTAGRAM


 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment